Please also read our Terms and Conditions.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
This website and any products and services offered herein are not intended for persons under the age of 18. We prohibit children under the age of 18 from using any and all interactive portions of this website, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. A child’s parent or guardian should contact us if we have inadvertently collected any information or content from that child without the parent or guardian’s authorization, so that we may delete that information from our records.
CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are in compliance with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act of 2003 and will not send misleading information.
Personal Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us.
The personal information we may collect directly from you consists of the following:
· Name and contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data;
· Payment information, such as, payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment; and
· Comments, feedback, questions and other information you provide to us
We automatically collect personal information when you:
· Visit, interact with, or use our website;
· Access, use, or download content from us; and
· Open emails or click links in emails from us.
How We Use the Information You Provide/Lawful Basis
We process personal information about you:
• To perform a contract;
• With your consent;
• For our legitimate interests;
• To comply with the law;
• To protect someone’s life; and/or
• Public task.
We will not sell or trade your personal information and have not done so in the last 12 months.
We may transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of a bankruptcy, dissolution, merger, sale, acquisition, or change of control.
We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we need to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you to:
· Process and fulfill an order, download, subscription, or other transaction;
· Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns; and
· Send marketing emails.
We also process personal information to:
· Provide online behavioral advertising;
· Inform you of and administer promotions, contests, sweepstakes or surveys;
· Help us address problems with and improve our website;
· Protect the security and integrity of our website; and
· Contact you for other business reasons, if necessary.
“Cookies” are small text files that are placed on a computer or other device and used to identify the user or device and to collect information when you visit a website.
We use absolutely necessary cookies, which allow you to move around our website and use its features.
You can disable cookies through your web browser’s settings, but disabling this function may diminish your experience on our website as some features may not work as intended.
“Do Not Track” (DNT) Signals
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites.
Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, we do not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers.
How the Information is Shared and Stored
We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
· meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
· detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
· protect the rights, property, or safety of www.ShelbyHedgecock.com, our users, employees or others.
Our current third-party service providers include:
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements, or until such time as you let us know you would like for us to delete it or unsubscribe from our marketing contacts.
Information Protection and Security
Our website uses commercially acceptable security measures to prevent your personal
information from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate and never transmit your credit card information via email. If you receive an email from us that appears to be a request for personal information, do not respond because it may be a phishing scam designed to steal your personal information.
We cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be secure. Should there be a data breach, we will notify you when we are legally required to do so.
Your Rights to Control Your Information
You can unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are covered by the GDPR, you have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
· Right of access: to make a written request for access to and a copy of your personal information
· Right to rectification: to have your inaccurate personal information corrected or removed
· Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): to have your personal information erased
· Right to restriction of processing: to limit the purposes that your personal information may be used for
· Right to object: to object to the processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on direct marketing, processing for scientific/historical research and statistics, legitimate interest processing, and processing in regards to the performance of a public interest or official authority task
· Right to data portability: to have your personal information transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
· Right to withdraw consent: to withdraw your consent that we handle your personal information at any time. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws.
Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the European Economic Area (EEA)
This website is operated in the United States and the third parties with whom we might share your personal information (as explained above) are also located in the United States or other countries located outside the European Economic Area.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
Filing a Complaint
If you are covered by the GDPR, and you are not content with how we manage your personal information, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you are a resident, work, or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws took place.
Please be sure to specify which right you want to exercise and provide us with enough information to verify your identity. If we cannot verify your identity, we may not be able to fulfill your request.
Changes to this Privacy Notice